This programme offers very good graduates with a first university degree a chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are relevant to the social, political and economic development of their home country. The scholarships are awarded for selected Master courses at German institutions of higher education. The successful candidates will study from September/October 2015 on one of the selected Master courses listed below. Some participating universities have already closed their application period. You can still apply at the two highlighted universities still accepting applications.
Participating Programmes in Host Institutions:
The following Master courses can be undertaken at selected German Universities as specified below:
- Hertie School of Governance, Berlin: Master of Public Policy (MPP) Deadline 15 August 2014.
- University of Osnabrück: Master of Democratic Governance and Civil Society Deadline August 31st, 2014.
- University of Duisburg-Essen: MA Development and Governance (Application closed)
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)(Application closed)
- Leuphana University of Lüneburg: Public Economics, Law and Politics (PELP)(Application closed)
- Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organisations(Application closed)
- University of Passau: Master of Governance and Public Policy(Application closed)
- University of Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)(Application closed)
The courses have an international orientation and are taught in German and/or English.
The scholarship scheme is open to candidates from Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia as well as from countries in the Middle East. See list of eligible countries.
DAAD scholarship holders are exempt from tuition fees. DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 750 €. The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany. In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance as well as a study and research subsidy and in applicable cases rent subsidies and/or family allowances.
The scholarship targets very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who in the future want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries. The scholarships are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
The main DAAD criteria for selection are: the study results, knowledge of English (and German), political and social engagement, a convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit after the return to the home country.
The university degree should have been obtained during the six years before the application for the scholarship. Applicants cannot be considered if they have been in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application.
All Master courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants at any case.
Please submit your applications for the Master courses and for the DAAD scholarship solely to the Master courses you have selected at the respective university (not to DAAD). Please fill in the DAAD application form by indicating your desired priority of study courses. Deadline varies between July to August 2014 depending on university; please check the deadlines on the homepages of the selected Master courses.
Please read the 2015 visit the official website (below) for the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website:here