Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. The Works Council is a forum elected by the employees of Transparency International Secretariat, representing the interests of colleagues vis-a-vis the employer.
Main function: Assist the Works Council to perform its duties
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of extension
Working hours: Part-time (10 to 15 hours per week, to be agreed)
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
Department: Works Council
Reporting lines: Works Council Chair
- Logistics around organising Works Council meetings
- Minute taking during Works Council Weekly Meetings and other relevant meetings
- Organising Works Council retreats, trainings, Works Assemblies, and other meetings, including exploring and booking of external venues where required
- Write up of Works Council resolutions and translation into German
- Support communication channels between Works Council and staff
- Research into Works Council related matters
- Filing of Works Council documents and materials (electronic and non-electronic)
- Other record keeping and administrative work where required
- Other German/English translation where required
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Background in administration, management, communications or other relevant fields (university education and/or vocational training) desired
- Relevant experience in administration, event management, and/or translation desired
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English and German required
- Good knowledge of MS Office essential
- Good organisational skills essential
- Knowledge of German labour legislation an asset
Other information about the post and the location: Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
The selected candidate will not be member of the Works Council and will therefore not partake in decision making processes, including voting. Due to the confidential nature of issues dealt with by the Works Council, the selected candidate will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement that no information he/she receives through his/her role will be shared with anyone outside of the Works Council.
To apply: Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter, mentioning the origin of the application, and CV in English to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 14 September 2014.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International: www.transparency.org